Hand-Tied Hair Extensions FAQs
Considering hand-tied hair extensions for a big event or just for fun? Then you probably have a whole bunch of questions. Only problem is, there’s a lot of conflicting (and confusing information) floating around.
Don’t worry! The hair extension experts at Whitney Evans Beauty are here to help you!
While we can’t answer every hand-tied hair extension question, we can offer answers to some of the most common questions!
How Do I Take Care of My Hand-Tied Hair Extensions?
The answer to this question could be the focus of its own blog. But there are a few simple steps that you can take to keep your hand-tied hair extensions looking great:
- Frequent brushing is the foundation for proper hair extension care. Remember: Not any brush will do. Avoid brushes with massaging nodules on the bristles. These bumps can get caught between your hair and the extensions and pull on them. Choose a loop brush instead.
- Put your hair extension in a low ponytail or braid before bedtime to avoid tangles.
- Avoid salt water or chlorinated pools to prevent tangles, dryness and discoloration.
- Do not spend too much time in the sun. UV rays can discolor and dry out your hair extensions. Where a wide-brim hat to prevent damage.
- Use shampoos and hair care products formulated for hair extensions. Remember that your scalp produces natural oils to protect and condition hair. Since the hair extensions do not grow directly from your head, you need the proper hair products to replicate and preserve them.
- Schedule a hand-tied hair extension maintenance appointment with Whitney Evans Beauty!
Follow these steps and you’ll have damage-free hair extensions!
How Long Do Hand-Tied Hair Extensions Last?
There’s no real simple answer to this question. Your hand-tied hair extension lifespan depends on two major factors: practicing proper care and scheduling frequent maintenance appointments.
If you follow the care steps outlined above, you’ll help extend the life of your hair extensions. Also, you’ll need to have your weft moved as your natural hair grows. A hand-tied hair extension specialist can adjust your weft. This will avoid damaging your extension and natural hair.
By following these recommendations, you’ll be able to enjoy your hand-tied hair extensions for six to nine months.
What is the Hand-Tied Hair Extension Process?
The hand-tied hair extension process isn’t as simple as stepping into a salon and picking a weft you like.
Before you set foot in the salon, you need to know your hair goals. Are you looking to add length or volume with an extension? Do you want an extension for your wedding? It’s important to know why you want a hair extension before you visit a specialist.
Color is key for hair extensions success. So it’s important to know what you want your color goals to be, too. Your color goals could be as simple as matching your natural hair color. Or they could involve a new color to match your new look.
After you determine your goals, it’s time to book a consultation.
Consulting with a hair extension specialist allows you to:
- Share your hair goals,
- Select the best hair color,
- Pick your desired length,
- Ask any questions you have about hand-tied hair extensions.
With the specialist’s guidance and expertise, you’ll find a hair extension that’s perfect for you. Plus, you’ll learn more about proper hair extension care techniques and discover which hair care products are the best choice for your needs.
We hope that our answers to these common questions have helped you learn more about hand-tied hair extensions.
If you’re ready to start the hair extension process, then you need to choose the right salon.
Whitney Evans Beauty are the experts in hand-tied hair extensions for Knoxville, TN!
Whether you want a classic look or something new and bold, our team guides you through every step of the hair extension process.
Ready to start your style journey? Call us at (865) 339-4951 or contact us today to schedule your hand-tied hair extension consultation!
Whitney Evans Beauty